We made it, twenty-four ornaments in twenty-four weeks just in time for December 1st. I hope you enjoyed our trip around the world this year and all the little tidbits about Christmas customs in different countries.
1. Mexico – Tin Bird 2. China – Paper Lantern 3. UK – Victorian Cone 4. Iceland – Laufabrauð
5. Denmark – Papercut 3-D Angel 6. Ukraine – Spiderweb 7. Armenia – Dove Wreath 8. Hungary – Cut Felt Star
9. Germany – Felt Apple 10. Sweden – Santa Lucia and Star Boy 11. Australia – Glittered Shell 12. Latvia – Burlap Rose
13. Ireland – Holly Wreath 14. Russia – “Faberge” Egg 15. Finland – Straw Star 16. France – Felt Fish
17. Norway – Cut Heart 18. Spain – Pooping Log 19. Czech Republic – Golden Pig 20. Poland – Jeżyk
21. Austria – Krampus 22. Philippines – Paper Paról 23. Japan – Origami Swan 24. USA – Knit Elf
If I was going to use these ornaments in an advent calendar, I have a couple different ideas of how I would package them. My first idea is to put each ornament in an appropriate sized box and then number the boxes. Then pile the boxes up with one to be opened everyday.
My second thought is to put the ornaments in numbered bags and then hang the bags on a line by using clothespins or tying them on.
I think it would be fun to include a little information about Christmas in the country the ornament is from with each one.
I plan on being back next starting next June(!) with a new set of 24 ornaments.
© 2005 – 2013 Kathy Lewinski & Susan Cornish