It’s Iron Craft’s first anniversary. The traditional first anniversary gift is Paper, so that seems an obvious choice for our first challenge of the year. Over the next two weeks we’d like you to create something using paper. You don’t have to just use paper, but we’d like to see it be a prominent material in your project.
There are about a million different directions you could go with this challenge…
You could learn to quill, Craft has a great Quilling 101 post to get you started.
You could build a ship to sail the seas like ikatbag did.
I love these beautiful paper boxes from Twig and Thistle.
Of course, we have a our own paper artist in the group, Dr. Russ, who has given us lots of inspiration over the past year.
A few business items as we start the new year…
- Don’t forget the timing and posting days for Iron Craft have changed this year. You now have two weeks to do each challenge. The posting date for this challenge is Tuesday, January 17th.
- We ask that only in progress photos be posted before that date.
- Have fun with the challenge and let your creative juices flow, we just ask that your respect the week’s theme.
- Your project should be done within the two weeks of the challenge period, no pulling out an old finished project and passing it off as new
- If you blog about your project please leave a direct link to the post in the description on flicker (not just a link to your blogs front page).
- Please tag your photos with IC1 and Iron Craft.
- The blogroll has been update to reflect those who have said they are up to the challenge for this year. Please let us know if your blog is missing.
© 2005 – 2012 Kathy Lewinski & Susan Cornish