vintage cartoon RV’s T-shirt

It all started with this fabric.
RV fabric
And, of course, a t-shirt in a color that I would like.
Finished shirt

Here is the detailed recipe:
I modified the shirt a little bit first, by making it more of a scoop neck.
neck modification
I added a little home made seam tape around the neck to finish the edge off. (note here, bias tape would have been much easier. It would have gone around the curve, and laid flat more gracefully. But I did not have enough fabric to do a bias tape. And, I did not want to cut across the little campers, I wanted a ‘line’. All wheels or all roofs, I didn’t mind, as long as there was a line.)
neck detail

I used an iron-on interfacing for the actual transfer.
Iron on
And then cut the campers out.
cut outs

I ironed them onto the shirt, and then did a zig zag stitch around the edges.
IMG_5342
I wanted to keep it a little ‘rustic’ so I did not do a super fine satin stitch.
I am pleased with the look in the end.
little campers
I think it will be a great shirt for the summer toddler chasing.


If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://justcraftyenough.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact us at justcraftyenough AT yahoo DOT COM. All patterns, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2005 – 2011 Kathy Lewinski & Susan Cornish
10 years ago by in Challenges , Iron Craft , Needlecraft , Sewing | You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave A Response

* Required