It’s that time of year again when everyone starts coming up with their list of resolutions. We thought we’d share our crafting ones with you.
1. Clean and organize my craft room. (It is really embarrassing at this point. I need to take everything out, get new cabinets and start over)
2. Finish the Lego Quilt I started for Matt two years ago.
3. Make more items of clothing for myself that I actually wear.
4. Finish the Owl Blanket for Jenny’s at Bird in the Hands little girl. (she is due next month!)
5. Finish the Granny Square Sampler Afghan that is lingering in a bag. (I seem to have a finishing problem)
6. Learn to really use my SLR camera. I know this doesn’t seem like a crafty resolution, but photography is an art too. Also it’ll make a difference in my craft photos.
7. Learn how to use crochet beyond the granny square.
8. Win a blue ribbon at the Minnesota State Fair. (ok, I can’t really make this happen, but I can make the best submission possible)
1. I want to quilt. 3 quilts I am really proud of. I would like to pick from several techniques I have seen that I really like, including:
- work with sheers
- work with jelly roll
- work with reverse applique
- Work with embroidery on the top
2. I want to crochet better– following a pattern. And writing a patterns for what I create. It’s as though I can play the piano, but I don’t read music. And for how much formal knowledge I have about knitting, my formal training in crochet is sorely lacking.
3. I want to do more “art” things. I want to make “pictures” that I can hang on the wall. I would like one to be done with my daughter. And I would like at least one collage.
4. I want to sew one piece of clothing that I am happy with and wear all the time.
5. Learn how to use the serger. For real. Or at least better.
6. Shall I say “clear my space”? Why does that send shivers down me? It seems like if I spent a year on that – it still would not be done a year from now. And I am not sure how I will share the before pictures. Because that might be the preview for our episode of Hoarder’s Buried Alive.
What about you, do you have any crafty resolutions for 2013?
© 2005 – 2012 Kathy Lewinski & Susan Cornish