Ok, well this Calvin Turtleneck is almost finished
I need to weave in the ends, sew up under the arms & block it. I really had high hopes for this sweater as it looked so cute on the WEBS site but it fits funny where the neck meets the body. I’ve heard from another person who was making it on Ravelry who was having the same problem. I’m hoping blocking helps. I did have to lengthen the arms & body by 3 inches, I’m 5’9 so this sweater must have been written for someone 5’6. Even with the lengthening I still had enough yarn with what the pattern called for. I think the neck is too short though. It looks silly folded over, like a mock turtleneck & slightly too long not folded. I winder how hard it would be to take out the cast on stitches & add a little to the neck. I need to take some photos of this on after blocking so you all can see.
I also finished a new pair of socks for myself.
The yarn is Filatura Di Crosa Maxime. It did separate some while knitting but oh it feels so nice on. I knit these socks relatively short on the leg (about 5.5 inches) & discovered I had enough yarn to make them almost 10 inches long with one ball. Good to know for using this yarn again, which I will. I used Ann Budd’s Basic Sock pattern & came up with the cabled rib pattern myself. I called them Tiny Cable Socks because the cable pattern is only over 2 stitches. These only took me a week a sock so my sock knitting is getting much faster.
I’ve started a long promised zip-front cardigan for Matt out of Schulana Supercotton in gray. He picked the yarn out about a year ago so I guess its about time. I’ll post progress when I have more than the bottom ribbing done.
© 2005 – 2011 Kathy Lewinski & Susan Cornish