Sometimes I just get an idea in my head & I have to make it. Saturday morning I decided my new window display was going to need ants, knit ants. By Friday night I had this…
I looked at some ant pictures online, pulled some Dale Baby Ull out of my stash & made these little guys up. I made the pattern up as I went along just judging by sight where I wanted decreases & increases.
The legs & antenna are made from black jewelery making wire. I used a dot of craft glue to keep the legs from moving around so the ants stand pretty stably.
Yesterday, I took a class at Noe Knit to learn how to cable. I know everyone says its so easy but I’ve always felt intimated by them. It took a bit but I think I’ve finally got it.
I finished my left Fetching last night.
I started the second one but then realized I was supposed to change the direction of the cable for the right hand, shoot! Well I have two balls of the yarn, maybe that will be enough for two pair…Daria was eying them last night so I guess I’ll jsut finish this second left one & then start a right. This is what I get for not reading the pattern through!
© 2005 – 2011 Kathy Lewinski & Susan Cornish